Monday, April 9, 2007

3 Decades!! 3 Decades???????????

This morning I read on the internet that a 102 year old lady made a hole in one on a par 3. To be upright, walking, and able to swing a club is a miraculous feat in and of itself, but a hole-in-one, give me a break. Then I looked at the date and realized, I am a mere 2 weeks from my 29th birthday. I have lived almost 3 decades now! I vividly remember my first 2 decades with hardly a care in the world. Waking up to go to school, hanging out with my friends, playing any sport I could get my hands on all day, everyday and then going to sleep at night only to repeat it the next day. Life is awesome!! This Easter was especially tough as every song reminded me of what I had recently lost. However, standing and looking at a replica of an empty tomb, I was reminded that I hadn’t lost anything, it just went away for a moment, soon to be returned. That gap will close before you know it so this is my resolve. I look forward to each day ahead with my beautiful wife and ridiculously energetic son. I hope that when I hit 100, if we are all still here, family members aren’t saying, “Well, dad’s been gone for 30 years now!!!!” Just kidding. Life is great!!!

AA update- Nothing slows him down!!!!!

No comments: