Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Re-do

When I was younger, my friend and I used to call out "re-do" or "do-over" when we did something wrong or poorly the first time. We often used it to our advantage in sport when we were competing. A lazy ground ball in wiffle ball , an air ball playing H-O-R-S-E, or even a botched attempt at a jump with our bikes often led to us announcing a "re-do." Well, in my professional life, I am officially announcing a "re-do." This friday, the 20th, is my last day of work in my current profession. I am switching gears and becoming a teacher, not just any teacher, but an elementary school teacher. Although work in the mental health field will serve me well, I am anxious to start something new and different. This "re-do" has required much preparation with schooling and testing but I think that I am ready to go for it. However, in retrospect,when I was younger, "re-do s" didn't cost near as much money.

No comments: