Monday, February 26, 2007

Hard to explain




This weekend was the first time that I had spent any amount of time away from my son. I left him with the sitter at 9am Thursday morning and didn't get to see him again until Saturday night/Sunday morning at 1245am. It might have been easier if he could have talked over the phone, but then again he would have been able to say, " I miss you." That would have stunk. At any rate, I enjoyed my time away but was joyful upon my return. While I was away, I attended a youth conference in Ozark, Missouri. That is about 35 minutes away from Branson if you are not a travel attraction aficionado. While I was there I experience somewhat of a rejuventation regarding my faith, my family, and my role in life. It was a really cool experience. I am not one to shamelessly plug something unless I know about it but you need to check out James River Assembly of God church. They are doing some incredible things in Missouri and around the USA. All in all, the trip was much needed but it would have been better to have my wife and kid there.

No comments: